Blog Archive

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Head Start T-Minus 24:00:00...

I have to admit, I'm pretty disappointed with the Preselection event.

I can't tell if I'm more disappointed in the playerbase, or NCSoft. I am not even sure how to expand on this topic. But I've seen what kind of company AS is keeping on their forums, so I really wouldn't put it past a portion of the playerbase to try to lock people out of their choice server/factions, just to grandstand or feel empowered by it.

I know that there are many intelligent, good people out there who are going to play Aion. But I never really understood the pissing contests on the forums. Or maybe I just don't have the patience or capacity to deal with people who want to be ugly just to get a rise. And I'm not necessarily talking about trolls.

Now we all know what trolling a forum is, right? A friend of mine explained to me why it's so entertaining for some people, and that's what it is - it's more to be entertaining first, then insulting, because insults always give the 'best' reaction/defense. To a 'troll', the way they win their little game is determined by how much time and effort other people waste responding/defending a statement that took 10 seconds to post. When looking at it from her point of view, I did find it pretty funny. I doesn't matter to the troll that you wrote some powerful comeback, or some intellectual ownage. It matters to them that your will was so 'weak' to fall for their bait.

I wasn't born yesterday, but I am learning new things every day. Sometimes about stuff I already knew. It may not help me become rich quick, but if you've ever stepped back and wondered why people troll, then maybe this brings a new perspective to you as well. I'm sure all trolls have their motives, their reasons.

6 comments:

Paul said...

That is why I avoid forums for the most part. Same with in game chat. Go out and ask a simple question and some nut replies "your mother"... Hopefully I can find a mature Elyos guild on Lumel.

Aion Guides said...

Forums combine anonymity and a large social gathering. Trolls are a result of this unholy union. Ignore and move on, theres nothing else you can do. You cant ban forums just coz some d**kheads decide to come spoil the fun.

オテモヤン said...

オナニー
逆援助
SEX
フェラチオ
ソープ
逆援助
出張ホスト
手コキ
おっぱい
フェラチオ
中出し
セックス
デリヘル
包茎
逆援
性欲

Automouse2 said...

we sell the best game-bots for aion & others.
also sell the best automouse & fps mouse.

check them out.


http://automouse2.com

peace!

Automouse2 Dot Com said...

Hello :)
We sell the best Game-Bots for Aion & Others.
also sell the best automouse & fps mouse.
Our Products are smart & brilliant, also Safe.
Check them out !!!! It's amazing.
Have a nice day~~~~* [ Automouse2.com ]

Vitamins for Skin said...

Hi...Why did you stop blogging!